[Sighfis-l] panel submission deadlines

Shawne Miksa SMiksa at unt.edu
Wed May 26 21:29:19 EDT 2004

Just a reminder---The deadline for final submissions,camera-ready is June 1, 2004,as announced in the Call for Participation.  Please see the ASIST website for submission policies--http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM04/

Unless I am mistaken I believe all the panels submitted under HFIS have been accepted.  Good news and well done everyone involved.

S.Miksa
Chair, HFIS

Also--the following is from Richard Hill.

*************************************

On the final submission page we ask that you submit in MS Word.

We also have asked for brief speaker biographies that can be used by moderators for making introductions.

We also need a completed copyright release statement.  We have tried to make this as friendly as possible, but we do need to have this for publication.  A copy is below and it is at http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM04/PermissionSlipAuthorAgreement.pdf

Dick Hill

Permission Slip & Author Agreement

I am the author of the following original Work that I am submitting to ASIST for publication:

[Title of this Work:]

By submitting my Work , I give the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIST), the exclusive right to do any or all of the following:

* Publish this Work in an ASIST printed publication [First Serial Rights ].

* Post a copy o f this Work on an ASIST Internet Web site and permit others to link to it.

* E-mail or otherwise directly distribute electronic copies to ASIST subscribers.

The rights listed above will be exclusive to ASIST only until initial publication by print or electronic means and for ninety days thereafter. This means that 90 days after publication I may post a copy of the electronic version on another Web site, authorize others to include print or electronic copies of your Work in their collections, produce new (derivative) works based on this Work, or resell the Work to another publisher.

By submitting my Work , I give ASIST the non-exclusive rights to do any or all of the following:

* Include a fac simile copy in any microform archive produced and/or offered either directly by AS IST or via a third-party under license with ASIST.

* Include a dig ital copy in digital archives produced and/or distributed (e.g., on CD-ROM, online, or other electronic medium) by ASIST directly or via a third-party agreement with ASIST. (Please note: An archive may appear to be a new compilation and may be marketed under a non-ASIST brand name.)

*  Exercise the foregoing non-exclusive rights in other formats to be developed in the future, and to permit users  in perpetuity to access these archives, search the archives, and display and print legal copies from the archives.

* Reprints: Dis tribute (or authorize others to distribute) a limited number of free printed and/or electronic copies of the Work for promotional, publicity, or educational purposes, including but not limited to handouts at trade shows, inserts in sales kits, or reprints in newsletters that are distributed free to recipients.

* Provide other s with a single copy of the Work in the form of a photocopy, electronic file, or digital object (such as a PDF file).a  Please note that ASIST is not liable for any infringing use of the Work made by third parties.

Your Commitment to ASIST

Up until initial publication and for 90 days after publication, you promise not to publish this Work elsewhere, distribute more than 10 pre-prints in any form (for example as an e-mail attachment to your colleagues),or grant permission to others to publ ish this Work in either print or electronic form, without our advance permission.

Permission Slip

To the best of your knowledge, you certify that: (1) you are the author and sole owner of the rights to the Work as granted herein, (2) that you have the full right, power, and authority to enter into this agreement and to grant the rights granted herein, (3) the Work is original, except for materials of others for which you have obtained permission to use or materials in the public domain, (4) the Work does not violate anyone else's copyright, trademark, or proprietary right,  (5) the Work contains no material that would violate any contract of yours, express or implied, (6) the Work is not libelous, defamatory, or factually inaccurate, and  (7) the Work does not violate any law or any personal or other right of any kind of any person or entity.  You also give us permission to use your name in association with your published Work.

---

Signature ________________________________________Date:__________________________

	 (enter your legal name):

Print Your Name (exac tly as it should appear in your by-line): __________________________________

Mailing Address:

Telephone: _______________________	E-mail: __________________________________

If the copyright is held by the organization that employed or engaged the author at the time the work w as created, whether public (e.g., Crown Copyright) or private, the authorized representative must sign below.

Signature ________________________________________ Date:__________________________

	(for organization, and title)

Print Your Name (exactly as it should appear in your by-line):___________________________________

Mailing Address:

For Organization:

Telephone: _______________________	E-mail: __________________________________

Print Your Name (for organization):

Mailing Address:

Telephone: _____________________________ E-mail: _______________________________________

Attention Federal Employees: If you are an employee of the U.S. government and if this Work was written as part of your job duties, yo u do not need to sign the agreement above, just fill out the contact information and sign the agreement below:

To the best of you knowledge, you certify that this Work: (1) was prepared as part of your job duties as  an employee of the United State Government and is in the public domain, (2) do es not violate anyone else's copyright, trademark, or proprietary right, (3) is not libelous, defamatory, or factually inaccurate, and (4) does not viol ate any law (e.g., the Official Secrets Act) or any personal or other right of  any kind of any person or entity.

Signature ________________________________________Date:__________________________

(enter your legal name)

Print Your Name (exactly as it should appear in your by-line): __________________________________

Mailing Address:

Return this form in time to arrive before, or at, the time of your submission.

Mail it to:

ASIST 2002 Annual Meeting Permissions

1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510\

Silver Spring, MD 20910

Fax submissions to: 1 (301) 495-0810 Attn: Sandra Holder