[Sighfis-l] Internet Invasion!

Elizabeth Michelle Blood as2762 at wayne.edu
Wed Feb 4 08:48:14 EST 2004

I am in the process of obtaining my library science degree,
and lately a hot topic of conversation in my classes has been
the effect that the creation of the Internet has had on
libraries.
My professors claim that the creation of the Internet has
actually increased the need for librarians because we are
capable of accessing even more information now... However, I
am beginning to think that perhaps we are underestimating the
competency of the general public. It seems that most people
are finding the information that they need without even
stepping into a library.
Am I earning a degree for a profession that will soon be
extinct???
Beth