[Sighci-l] Registration is open. Symposium on Communicating Complex Information

Michael Albers mephitis.skunk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 11:12:09 EST 2012

Registration is now open.

2nd Annual Symposium  on Communicating Complex Information (SCCI)
February 25-26, 2013
East Carolina University
Greenville NC

We invite everyone to join us on February 25-26 for the Symposium on
Communicating Complex Information (SCCI). For the full program, see the
webpage:

http://workshop.design4complexity.com/home.php

Keynote address, "Is Usability Testing Putting Lipstick on a Pig?" will
be given by Tharon Howard, Clemson University.

Symposium goals

The future will see the design of information and communication
technologies that serve ever more complex purposes and problems. For
these technologies, creating user centered design is particularly
challenging when users are engaged in sophisticated knowledge work and
collaborations and do not want to become power users to conduct this
work electronically. Goals of this symposium are to clarify what we
already know about communicating complex information and clarify our
understanding of what issues urgently need further research.

We hope to reach new insights about
*  The current major research issues that need to be addressed
*  Ways to transform research into practical applications

The symposium offers a format designed to maximize the exchange of
information and ideas among all the attendees. It features a highly
interactive format with each presenter giving a 15-20 minute
presentation followed by a 20-30 minute discussion. Our goal is to
encourage high interactivity and in-depth discussion about each
presentation.

For more information, contact Michael Albers.  albersm at ecu.edu
--
Dr. Michael J. Albers