[Sighci-l] Usability Research on Enterprise-wide Web-based Apps

BATTRICK,CRAIG (HP-Corvallis,ex1) craig_battrick at hp.com
Thu Jul 11 13:41:14 EDT 2002

Hello out there!

I'm creating a usability requirements document. We're going to study an
enterprise-wide web-based application that runs on a clustered server
system. This system is accessed through large-capacity data transfer
lines--T1, T3--and in some cases, satellite links--from around the world.

We suspect that conclusions drawn from studies of commercial sites accessed
by through a  DSL, ISDN, or modem may not be applicable to this environment,
specifically when considering system response times.

Are any of you aware of studies of enterprise applications that might shed
some light on our concerns? And if you have the time to respond, jot down
the first three or four things you think of that might be included in a
requirements document.

Thanks for your help!

Craig Battrick
Hewlett-Packard