[Siged-l] The Outstanding Information Science Teacher Award Jury needs you!

Christopherson, Laura llchrist at email.unc.edu
Mon May 27 09:29:48 EDT 2013

Hi All,

Please forgive any cross postings.

The Information Science Education Committee is seeking a SIG ED member to serve on the jury for the Outstanding Information Science Teacher Award Jury. This jury requires 5 members, one of which is the chair. The webpage for this award is located here: http://asis.org/awards/outstandingteacher.html. In particular they are looking for a potential jury member who does not have an academic affiliation.

Nominations are due 7/1.
Decisions are due to Dick Hill by 9/1.

If you would be interested in serving on this jury, please write me back (off list), and I will pass your name along to Jacek Gwizdka and Randolph Bias, the co-chairs for the IS Education Committee (they are also copied on this email if you wish to include them on your reply to me).

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I hope some of you will be interested in serving.

Thanks,
Laura Christopherson
Chair, SIG ED, ASIS&T
Doctoral student