[Siged-l] ASIS&T Webinar - Transforming Our e-Learning 'Worst Practices' into Excellent Teaching

Kim, Jeonghyun Jeonghyun.Kim at unt.edu
Fri Jul 8 09:52:05 EDT 2011

ASIS&T SIG/ED and ALISE Distance Education SIG are pleased to sponsor the following webinar:

Title: Transforming Our e-Learning ‘Worst Practices’ into Excellent Teaching
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm -3:00 pm (EDT)
Presented by Dr. Michelle Kazmer, Associate Professor at Florida State University
This webinar is open to all! Register now at https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/896630806

The presentation of the webinar focuses on innovative technology and pedagogical methods to overcome systemic flaws and limitations in online learning, and will help solve problems we as educators have introduced into our own teaching and learning. Dr. Kazmer will discuss approaches that incorporate appropriate technology and take advantage of the systemic strengths of distributed learning environments. Attendees will have a chance to reflect on the trials and errors derived from individual and collective experiences with online teaching during the interactive discussion session. Those who wish to participate in the discussion session, please refer to http://mailer.fsu.edu/~mkazmer/teaching.html

System Requirements:
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server

Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer

The webinar system makes it possible for any attendee with a microphone to participate in the interactive discussion session. If you would like to participate, we recommend that you use a USB headset with a microphone.

Jeonghyun (Annie) Kim, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Library and Information Sciences
College of Information
University of North Texas
Email) Jeonghyun.Kim at unt.edu
Phone) 940-369-5408