[Siged-l] Update on SIG ED activities in Vancouver, SIG ED leadership, and SIG ED survey

Hsieh-Yee, Ingrid P Hsiehyee at cua.edu
Wed Oct 14 14:48:27 EDT 2009

Dear SIG ED members,

The ASIS&T Annual Meeting will take place in Vancouver in a few weeks. I
am writing to give you an update on our planned activities and other
important news about SIG ED.

SIG ED has planned many exciting meetings. Please plan on joining us in
Vancouver!

SIG ED Sponsored Sessions

We have nine sponsored sessions. Please visit
http://www.asis.org/wiki/chapters-sigs/index.php/2009AM_SIG_ED-sponsored
_sessions for a list of our programs.

SIG RUSH. 6:30, Sunday, Nov. 8

Join SIG ED at the Welcome Reception/SIG RUSH. This is a great
opportunity to find out what SIG ED is all about! We have new SIG ED
stickers to give out.

SIG ED planning meeting. Planning Room A. 12-1, Monday, Nov. 9

Please attend the SIG ED planning meeting on Monday, Nov. 9. Cassidy
Sugimoto, our incoming Chair, will lead the discussion of a few items
identified from the survey and programming ideas for the 2010 Annual
Meeting. Free pizza will be provided!

SIG ED Dinner. 6:30, Tuesday, Nov. 10

Come together to chat with other SIG ED members for a Dutch dinner. We
will gather in the hotel lobby at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 10th
and walk to a nearby location for dinner.

Other Updates

Incoming Chair, Cassidy R. Sugimoto, will take over SIG ED leadership at
the 2009 Annual Meeting

Cassidy R. Sugimoto will be the new Chair of SIG ED for the coming year.
She will lead SIG ED in program planning and implementation of new
initiatives. Please join me in welcoming Cassidy to this post!

SIG ED Survey Summary

Thank you for taking part in the summer in September. Please see
attached for a summary of the findings. The summary will be posted on
the wiki in the near future. If you have any comments or suggestions,
please email Ingrid at hsiehyee at cua.edu, or Cassidy at csugimoto at unc.edu

I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Warm regards,

Ingrid

Chair, SIG ED

Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Ph.D.