[Siged-l] SIG ED 2008 programs and program planning for 2009

Hsieh-Yee, Ingrid P Hsiehyee at cua.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:12:49 EDT 2008

Dear SIG ED members,

I was the Chair-Elect of ASIST SIG ED from 2007-2008. I learned recently that the Chair could not serve the rest of her term due to unexpected family circumstances, so I am starting my term as the Chair before the Annual Meeting. SIG ED has a slate of interesting programs this year (see below). I hope you will be able to take advantage of these programs in Columbus.

I would like to invite you to become more involved in SIG ED. Please consider the following opportunities:

* SIG ED needs officers, including a Chair-Elect, a secretary, a treasurer, and a communication officer. Please volunteer for any of these positions or nominate someone. The term of service is for one year, starting right after the Annual Meeting. Please email me your interest or nominations by Sept. 30.

* Planning for the 2009 conference at Vancouver.
Please join SIG ED members in Columbus to discuss ideas for next year's conference. We can meet Sunday afternoon, Monday, or Tuesday during the 2008 conference. Let me know if you would like to attend the meeting. If you are not able to be in Columbus, please send me your ideas.

Here is the 2008 programs we have put together:

Sunday, Oct. 26, 3:30 p.m.
Undergraduate Programs: Transforming LIS Education (SIG ED)
Robert Sandusky and Kenneth Fleischmann

Monday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.
Knowledge Management Career: Perception Versus Reality (SIG ED and KM)
Suliman Hawamdeh, Thomas J. Froehlich, Michael Koenig, T. Kanti Srikantaiah and Qiping Zhang

Monday, Oct. 27, 10:30 a.m.
Retrieving and Using Visual Resources: Challenges and Opportunities for Research and Education (VIS, ED, DL, KM, and USE)
Martha Smith, Youngok Choi, Ingrid Hsieh-Yee, Jane Greenberg, Hemalata Iyer and Edie Rasmussen

Monday, Oct. 27, 10:30 a.m.
Outcomes assessment and LIS education
Michelle Kazmer, Heidi Julien, John Bertot and Rae-Anne Montague

Monday, Oct. 27, 1:30 p.m.
Award Winning Student Papers (SIG ED)
Barbara Wildemuth

If you have any suggestions for SIG ED please feel free to contact me.

Thank you for your attention!

Best regards,
Ingrid

Chair, ASIST SIG-ED