[Siged-l] Research Opportunities in the School of Information in Library Studies, Dublin, Ireland

Mary Burke mary.burke at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 22 14:34:06 EDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I apologise for any cross-posting which may occur.

I wish to draw your attention to the exciting research opportunities in
University College Dublin (UCD) in Ireland. I would be grateful if you would
bring them to the attention of any likely applicants.

The recently constituted School of Information and Library Studies is
pleased to announce research scholarships at doctoral and post-doctoral
level for research topics which are in line with the research strengths of
the School, namely:
•	Information Society and Individuals
•	Information Collections and Management
•	Information Policy and Institutions.

These scholarships provide an opportunity for high calibre researchers to
carry out research in the supportive inter-disciplinary environment of UCD
while exploiting the unique Irish resources in historical and modern aspects
of  Information and Library Studies.

Full details of the scholarships are available on the School's web-site
http://www.ucd.ie/lis under the heading "Research opportunities".  Please
note the site is currently being redesigned.

UCD wishes to acknowledge the generosity of the H W Wilson Foundation in
funding the doctoral scholarship.

Please note that I will be away for 3 weeks from the evening of the 22nd
July until the morning of the 15th August.
Please send any queries to the secretary of the school, Mrs. Noreen Hayes
Noreen.Hayes at ucd.ie   and she will put you in touch with the appropriate
member of academic staff.

Kind regards

Mary

__________________________

Professor Mary A. Burke
Head of School
School of Information and Library Studies (SILS)
University College Dublin
Belfield
Dublin 4
Ireland