[Siged-l] About impact factor of librarianship journals

Carlos Vílchez Román adm1 at viabcp.com
Tue Nov 2 13:12:44 EST 2004

Hi everybody,

Sorry if this message has been posted before.

My name is Carlos Vílchez-Román, a Peruvian librarian,
faculty member of the Library and Information Science
School of the Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos.

I have finished a study about library and information
science research in Peruvian universities, and I have
developed an index that measures the quality of acade-
mic papers. Since I need to test the validity of the
index I'll apply the index to the articles published
in LIS journals with high impact factor (e.g., JASIST,
Journal of Documentation, etc.)

But, for this I need to know what is the ISI impact
factor of the 56 LIS journals included in the Social
Science Citation Index. Anyone knows where can I find
this information? I only need the impact factor of
these 56 journals.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,