[Siged-l] Moderator Needed

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Tue Mar 16 09:41:37 EST 2004

We need a new moderator for SIGED-L.  Can be one or several people.  If
interested, see below and contact <rhill at asis.org> off list.

After several years, Jody needs to devote full time to her grad work so she
is reluctantly retiring as owner/moderator.

Moderating isn't a really big deal.  All is done through a web interface.
Messages like the one below come in as postings are received (from non
members of the list, or with attachments/styled text - "suspicious header").

As moderator, one can approve messages as they arrive OR wait for a daily
summary of what is pending -- sent around 4:00 pm EST.  With many lists I
ignore the postings of regular spam and try to clean out the lists daily --
unless there are subscriptions, which I try to handle immediately.

I am trying to get an effective filter above the lists (and above all staff
PCs) which will block a lot of the spam that comes to the lists and requires
discarding the messages, but that has not happened yet.

Richard Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900
www.asis.org