[Sigdl-l] CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - SIG DL First Quarter Newsetter

T. Zachary Frazier t.zachary.frazier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 13:41:09 EST 2016

ASIS&T SIG DL Welcomes submissions for our Winter Newsletter!

SIG DL is now accepting pieces for our Winter Newsletter. Those interested
in contributing should email sigdlnews at gmail.com with contributions before
5:00pm PST, March 7th, 2016.  We are soliciting proposals in the following
categories:

News: Let us know what happened to you last quarter (October, November,
December): This includes accomplishments (Did you post a new collection?
Win an award?), grants received, new positions (have an opening? Let us
know so we can help you find the best person!), new hires (just fill an
opening? Let the community know), & new events (holding a conference
workshop or training this spring?)

Dispatches, short works, or case studies. Tell the community about the
research that you are doing, share insights from your latest project or
feature roll outs, or submit a short paper based on your on-going research.

Fiction, Poetry, and Miscellany: Do you work in a digital library? Do you
have a poem about finding something online? Are you a scholar who writes
short fiction about the organization of content? Send submit your quirky
content.

Pictorials: Works in which the visual components (e.g. diagrams, sketches,
screenshots, story boards, and renderings,) are accompanied by text meant
to illuminate the component, as opposed to work in which visuals serve to
illustrate concepts in the text. Do you have a particularly great interface
for your DL or technology? Show it off, and submit a pictorial.*

Please send submission with the subject line “SIGDL NEWSLETTER:
<category><Your submission title>. Additionally we ask that submissions are
in a commonly available format (IE, .DOCX, .PDF, JPEG, etc.) Best, Zachary
Frazier, MLIS
SIGDL Newsletter Editor *Pictorals may be cropped or resized for
publication.