[Sigdl-l] Attend the NISO/BISG 7th Annual Changing Standards Landscape Forum on E-Books on June 28 in Chicago - FREE!

Cynthia Hodgson chodgson at niso.org
Tue Jun 18 10:52:10 EDT 2013

NISO and the Book Industry Study Group (BISG) will be holding their 7th
Annual Changing Standards Landscape Forum on June 28, 2013, from 12:00 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m. CDT, in Chicago as a pre-conference to the ALA Annual Meeting.
This free forum, open to the public, will focus this year on E-Books:
Discovery & Metadata Exchange, File Formats and Functionality, and Meeting
Patron Needs. Rather than concentrate on differences and divergent needs,
the program will highlight the commonalities between publishers and
libraries and what each group can learn from the other. In this way, we hope
to draw out where cooperative approaches can solve common problems.

Topics and speakers:

*	Bibliographic Roadmap Update - Todd Carpenter, Executive Director,
NISO
*	Metadata/Linked Data - Guiding Folks to our Resources - Richard
Wallis, Technology Evangelist, OCLC
*	E-Book Discovery and Requirements for Metadata - John Law, Vice
President, Discovery, Serials Solutions
*	File Formats and Functionality: BISG Device Support Matrix - Len
Vlahos, Executive Director, BISG
*	Reading for All: Accessibility in a Digital World - Suzy Haines,
Digital Content Manager, for Benetech/Bookshare
*	User Practices and Needs - Roger Schonfeld, Program Director for
Libraries, Users, and Scholarly Practices, ITHAKA

This event is free of charge; however, we need to know the attendance for
logistics planning, so please RSVP via this
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N58Q6TH> short online form:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/N58Q6TH

For more information, visit the
<http://www.niso.org/news/events/2013/ala2013/nisobisgforum/> event webpage:
http://www.niso.org/news/events/2013/ala2013/nisobisgforum/

This event is generously sponsored by CrossRef and OCLC.

Cynthia Hodgson

Technical Editor / Consultant

National Information Standards Organization

hodgsonca at verizon.net

301-654-2512