[Sigdl-l] Call for Nominations: Seeking Candidates for SIG-DL Officers Election

Martens, Betsy V. bvmartens at ou.edu
Wed Sep 7 10:58:40 EDT 2011

Dear SIG-DL members,
The election for new SIG-DL officers will be begin in less than 2 weeks!
As we did last year, we will conduct elections before the ASIS&T Annual Meeting to comply with our bylaws and to ensure a productive SIG-DL Business Meeting in New Orleans. We will use an electronic voting procedure; details will be distributed along with the election materials once the nomination period is completed.
We are seeking nominations for the following positions by Tuesday, September 13th.
- Chair-elect
- Secretary/Treasurer
- Communications Officer
- Membership Officer
- Webmaster

A description of the SIG-DL officers and their responsibilities is available at: http://www.asis.org/SIG/sigdl/officers.html

All SIG members are eligible to serve as officers, and to participate in officer elections. With the exception of the Chair-elect (who will become the new Chair), current officers are eligible to run for re-election in their current positions or in any other open positions.
Please feel free to send nominations or self-nominations to any of the above positions. Include a short bio and a brief description of the candidate’s qualifications for the position.
Please send your nominations to June Abbas (jmabbas at ou.edu), and Susan Wells Parham (susan.parham at library.gatech.edu) by Tuesday, September 13th.
The election will occur online between Friday, September 16th and Friday, September 23rd. The new officers must attend the SIG-DL Business Meeting during the 2011 ASIS&T Annual Meeting, which is scheduled on Monday, October 10, 2011, 11:30-12:30.
We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your willingness to be an active member in SIGDL.
Sincerely,
June Abbas (SIG-DL Chair) & Susan Wells Parham (SIG-DL Chair-elect)