[Sigdl-l] Call for 2011 SIGDL Officer Nominees

Barrie Hayes bhayes at email.unc.edu
Wed Aug 18 16:34:17 EDT 2010

Dear SIGDL members,

The time for election of new officers for SIGDL is approaching. As we
did last year, we would like to conduct elections before the annual
meeting to comply with our bylaws and to ensure a productive planning
meeting in Pittsburg. We will conduct elections using an electronic
voting procedure. Details will be distributed along with the election
materials. In the meantime, we are seeking nominations for the following
positions:

- Chair-elect
- Treasurer
- Communications
- Membership
- Web master

With the exception of the Chair-elect (who will become the new Chair),
current officers are eligible to run for re-election in their current
positions or in any other open positions.

Please feel free to send nominations or self-nominations to any of the
above positions. Include a short bio and a brief description of the
candidate’s qualifications for the position. Please send your
nominations to Barrie Hayes (bhayes at email.unc.edu) and June Abbas
(jmabbas at ou.edu) by Wednesday, September 8th.

The election will occur online between Monday, September 13th and
Wednesday, September 22nd. The new officers must attend the SIGDL
Business Meeting during the 2010 ASIS&T Annual Meeting (business meeting
date and time yet to be scheduled).

We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your willingness to
be an active member in SIGDL.

Sincerely,
Barrie Hayes (SIGDL Chair) & June Abbas (SIGDL Chair-elect)

--

Barrie Hayes, MSLS

Bioinformatics Librarian and Collaboration Center Manager
UNC Chapel Hill Health Sciences Library

Adjunct Assistant Professor of Practice
School of Information and Library Science

CB 7585, 335 S. Columbia Street
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585

919-962-0264
barrie_hayes at unc.edu

Connecting people everywhere with knowledge to improve health.
http://www.hsl.unc.edu/