[Sigdl-l] Copyright Certificate Registration Deadline & Special Offer!

Steven Petersen SPetersen at umuc.edu
Tue Sep 15 12:09:12 EDT 2009

Please share this non-profit professional development opportunity with
your colleagues. Thank you for your time.  -Steve Petersen, CIP at UMUC...

Get a free CIP membership when you sign up for our upcoming certificate
session.  Registration for this session ends on September 21st:

Foundations in Copyright Management and Leadership

http://www.umuc.edu/cip/ipa/certificate.shtml

Part 1: September 28 - October 23, 2009
Part 2: October 26 - November 20, 2009
Instructor: Kim Bonner, Executive Director of the Center for
Intellectual Property at University of Maryland University College

This is the core course of the new Copyright Leadership in Higher
Education certificate program.  Advance your career by learning about
current copyright issues affecting the online classroom, libraries, and
collections.  This term's guest speakers include:

- Peter Jaszi of American University,
- Laura Gasaway of University of North Carolina, and
- Georgia Harper of University of Texas at Austin

Sign up for part one now and you also have the flexibility of taking
Part 2 during the spring (April 26 - May 21, 2010) if necessary.

The Copyright Leadership in Higher Education certificate also includes
one free elective workshop from the rest of our series.  See a list of
our workshops at http://www.umuc.edu/cip/ipa/workshops.shtml.

Please see linked website for a detailed description & course objectives
- http://www.umuc.edu/cip/ipa/certificate.shtml

Special Offer:
By registering for any of our workshops or certificate sessions by
November 1st, you get a free one-year membership in our new social
network where you can connect with other information professionals.

SIGN UP TODAY: http://tinyurl.com/nuw58g [Secured Server]

Learn more about the CIP Member Community at
http://www.umuc.edu/cipcommunity.

Thanks,
Steve Petersen
Center For Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Boulevard East
Adelphi, MD  20783
(240)684-2865 office
(240)684-2961 fax