[Sigdl-l] SIG-DL Elections - Call for Nominations

Susan Wells Parham susan.parham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:41:10 EDT 2009

Dear SIG-DL Members,

The time for elections of new officers for SIG-DL is approaching.
This year we would like to conduct elections before the annual meeting
to comply with our bylaws and to ensure a productive planning meeting
in Vancouver.  We will conduct elections using an electronic voting
procedure.  Details will be distributed along with the election
materials.  In the meantime, we are seeking nominations for the
following positions:

- Chair-elect
- Treasurer
- Communications
- Membership
- Web master

With the exception of the Chair-elect (who will become the next
Chair), current officers are eligible to run for re-election in their
current positions or in any other position.

Please feel free to send nominations or self-nominations for any of
the above positions.  Include a short bio and a brief description of
the candidate's qualifications for the position.  Please send your
nominations to Miguel Ruiz  (meruiz at unt.edu) or Barrie Hayes
(bhayes at email.unc.edu) by September 15th.

The election will occur online between September 21st and September
30th.  New officers are strongly encouraged to attend the SIG-DL
planning meeting on Monday, November 9th from 12 noon to 1:15pm,
during the ASIS&T Annual Meeting.

We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your willingness to
be an active member of SIG-DL.

Sincerely,
Miguel Ruiz (Chair) and Barrie Hayes (Chair-elect)