[Sigdl-l] FW: SWORD Futures Workshop at Open Repositories 2009

Robert Robertson robert.robertson at strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 28 04:58:46 EDT 2009

Forwarded on behalf of Adrian Stevenson

--
R. John Robertson
Repositories Research Officer (JISCCETIS),
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263

Hi All

Those of you heading to Open Repositories 2009 may be interested in
our SWORD Futures workshop. We're taking registrations for this now.
Info at https://or09.library.gatech.edu/workshops.php and below:

SWORD Futures

Please join us for the SWORD Futures workshop. We'll start the
workshop with a SWORD 'show and tell' session where developers and
repository managers will demonstrate what they have done with SWORD
and why, with some time for questions at the end. (1.5-2 hours)

This will be followed by a discussion session where we're intending to
split up into three parallel groups (1 hour):

1) Registering SWORD http headers - this group will look at
recommendations for registering new headers in line with best practice.

2) Passing deposit intentions with SWORD - this group will discuss
whether this a useful direction for SWORD, and what these intentions
may be?

3) Packaging - this will be a discussion and recommendations group
around how we can usefully standardise metadata and/or packaging
formats. We'll also look at including OAI-ORE.

The workshop will conclude with a feedback session (30 mins)

The workshop will be for 30-50 people.

We would also welcome suggestions for other topics to cover. Please
email us at swordapp at gmail.com to book a place on the workshop and let
us know if you have any ideas for subjects you'd like us to look at.
You can also twitter us at http://www.twitter.com/swordapp with your
suggestions.

Cheers

Adrian