[Sigdl-l] Some Clarifications: Asia-Studies Full-text Online in SASNET Newsletter

Puna Das puna_05 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 10 05:22:47 EDT 2008

--- On Thu, 9/10/08, BPierce <BPierce at asia-studies.com> wrote:
From: BPierce <BPierce at asia-studies.com>
Subject: Asia-Studies Full-text Online in SASNET Newsletter

Dear Anup Kumar Das,   Thank you for your interest in the Asia-Studies Full-Text Online database service. I write to answer your query concerning the sentence in the description of the Asia-Studies Full-Text Online Service in the SASNET site and newsletter:      “Documents will be available for free access 60 days from date of issue.”  The confusion over this stems from the fact that we have two services we offer on our site. Asia-Studies Full-Text Online is the main database service offered to university libraries and institutions. This is not free; many of our providers depend on our royalties to cover costs. We are pleased to offer substantial geographic discounts of up to 75% in line with World Bank offerings.   The second is the free service we offer -- the Asia-Studies Monthly. This is free to any and all individuals that want to signup to receive it within the Asian Studies field. The Asia-Studies Monthly is an e-journal that contains a
 selection of about a dozen new articles every month, selected from the hundreds we add to the database. For the Monthly, we leave the articles available on the server for those who have signed up and receive the Asia-Studies Monthly for at least 60 days – the source of the confusion sentence.   If you have not already, I urge you to sign up for the Asia-Studies Monthly.    I have been in touch with the SASNET webmaster, and he has reposted a corrected version. I hope this answers your query. Please let me know if you have any further questions.    Yours truly,  Bryant PierceDirectorbpierce at asia-studies.com Tel:  1.617.964.8892Fax: 1.617.964.8602
   --- On Tue, 7/10/08, Noriko Gines <gines at un.org>   wrote:Date: Tuesday, 7 October, 2008, 4:20 AM
Dear Anup Kumar Das,

Before   I forward the message below, pls clarify something for me.

You   wrote: Documents will be available for free access 60 days from   date of issue.

How does   one locate the documents which are open for free access at any given time?
I   briefly visited your site, but unable to locate any "free   documents."   I find this information lacking on you site.

Thank   you for your help.
Noriko   Gines

----- Forwarded by Noriko Gines/NY/UNO on 06/10/2008   06:44 PM ----- Andrea Goncalves/NY/UNO 06/10/2008     05:55 PM ToNoriko Gines/NY/UNO at UNHQ, Enriqueta       Zagroba/NY/UNO at UNHQ, Lorraine        Waitman/NY/UNO at UNHQ, Maritina Paniagua/NY/UNO at UNHQ cc  SubjectFw: [Sigdl-l] Asia-Studies Full-text Online offers       access to prestigious research institutions

fyi. Andrea

----- Forwarded by Andrea Goncalves/NY/UNO on 06/10/2008   05:54 PM -----