[Sigdl-l] Converting microfilm to digital text

marshalljb at mindspring.com marshalljb at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 10 09:45:40 EDT 2007

Dear Colleagues,
   I would like to know how to take microfilms of newspapers,
scan them and then convert the scanned images to a digital text file. I
know that there are microfilm scanners available, but I need more
specific information about the process that would convert the image to a
machine-readable text format. For example, what software would be used,
what steps need to be taken to create the digital text file, and how to
deal with less-than-perfect images? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Julia Marshall