[Sigdl-l] Open Video Digital Library Toolkit Survey – win Amazon gift certificate

Caryn Anderson carynlanderson at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 10:50:30 EDT 2005

[This announcement posted to several lists.  Please excuse any
duplication.]

Do you have a digital video or moving image collection that you’d like to
make available via the Web?  Are limited technology or financial resources
holding you back?  The Open Video Digital Library Toolkit
(http://www.open-video-toolkit.org) may be the solution for you, but we
need your help.

The Toolkit is based on the Open Video Project
(http://www.open-video.org/), a digital video repository/library which has
received many requests from organizations wanting to build something
similar for their own use.  Simmons College and Northeast Historic Film
have received a National Leadership Grant from the Institute of Museum and
Library Services to create a collection of template files, documentation
and tutorials ("the Toolkit") to enable libraries, museums and other
organizations with limited resources to easily make their moving image
collections available via the Web.  The Toolkit will be created with the
open source platform of Apache, MySQL, and PHP and will be available free
of charge.

In order to ensure that the Toolkit is designed to effectively serve the
organizations that need it most, we are conducting a survey of potential
implementers of the Toolkit.

If you have been considering building a digital video library, please
respond to our 20 questions, which can be completed in approximately 20
minutes.

You can complete the survey anonymously, or you can submit your contact
details to be kept informed of the progress of the Toolkit, potentially
participate in a pilot project, and be entered in a drawing to receive one
of two $25 amazon.com gift certificates!

To learn more about the Open Video Digital Library Toolkit and complete
the survey:

http://www.open-video-toolkit.org/studies/user_survey/

Thank you in advance for your assistance, and we look forward to helping
you make your moving image collections more accessible.

Caryn L. Anderson, BSc, MLS
CarynLAnderson at yahoo.com

Project Consultant, Open Video Digital Library Toolkit, Simmons College
Project Coordinator, ERUS (E-Resource Usage Statistics), Simmons College
Associate