[Sigdl-l] Survey: Chinese Digital Project

Judy Jeng judyjeng at scils.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 7 16:55:14 EST 2005

Please excuse cross-posting.

You are cordially invited to participate in a survey if your library has a
Chinese digital collection project (regardless of current status or
phases). This survey is a part of a research on the metadata of Chinese
digital collection projects in non-Chinese speaking countries.

The survey is to find out the current philosophies, strategies, approaches
that each Chinese digital project takes to handle the metadata definition,
collection, organization, and information retrieval. Please share your
experience, reflections, and plans for the future.

All the personal, organizational, library and project identification
information you provide in the survey will be kept confidential unless you
choose otherwise at the end of the survey forms. Survey analyses, however,
will be shared by all participants, and possibly be used in future
research, cooperation, and publishing.

We believe this research will not only help Chinese digital projects to
improve their information organization and retrieval techniques, but also
be helpful to establishing a network among Chinese digital collection
projects in non-Chinese speaking countries for the potential
communication.

Due to the technically intense nature of the survey, we set up 2 forms in
the survey:

Survey I is for project managers. The purpose is to collect general
information
about the project:
http://digital.lib.csus.edu/survey/index.php?sid=3D3

Survey II is for technical personnel (including metadata catalogers, system
administrators, etc.) The purpose is to collect technical
information about the project:
http://digital.lib.csus.edu/survey/index.php?sid=3D4

Please be noted: the survey ends on "03-31-2005".

For any questions, please contact:

Your participation is encouraged. We would deeply appreciate your input!

Bin Zhang
Digital Information Services Librarian
Library Information Systems
California State University, Sacramento
+1(916)278-5664(voice); +1(916)278-3891(fax)
bzhang at csus.edu