[Sigcrit-l] new Negri translations

Ron Day ronday at wayne.edu
Sun Feb 2 13:08:17 EST 2003

These are two (now one)  important titles by Toni Negri will be available
soon in
English.  Ron Day

Out in February:

> New Title from CONTINUUM
>
> Time for Revolution
> ANTONIO NEGRI
>
> "> We discover here another Negri, a Negri deeply immersed in a
philosophical, even a theological problematic. This book is a MUST: it
provides the proper background for Negri's widely circulated analysis of
the global capitalist Empire.> ">
> Slavoj Zizek
>
> "'Time for Revolution' constitutes a major philosophical statement by
one of the most important thinkers of our time."
> Fredric Jameson
>
> The two key essays by Antonio Negri brought together here for the
first time were written in prison two decades apart. 'Time for
Revolution' illuminates the course of Negri's thinking from the 1980s to
'Empire' and beyond.
> 'Time for Revolution' reflects Negri's abiding interest in the
philosophy of time and resistance. The first essay is a central work in
Negri's oeuvre, tracing the fracture lines which force capitalist
society into perpetual crisis. The second essay, written immediately
after the global best-seller, 'Empire', provides a conceptual toolbox,
deepening our understanding of the two key concepts of empire and
multitude.
> 'Time for Revolution' explores the burning issue of our times: is
there still a place for resistance in a society utterly subsumed by
capitalism?

> Antonio Negri is one of the most significant figures in contemporary
political thought.  He is the author of several works including 'The
Savage Anomaly', 'Labor of Dionysus' (co-authored with Michael Hardt),
'Insurgencies', and most recently, 'Empire', written with Michael Hardt.

> Hardback  0 8264 5931 5  £16.99/$19.95  304pp  February 2003
>

> CONTENTS
>
> Translator's Introduction & Acknowledgements
> Time for Revolution 1: The Constitution of Time
> Time for Revolution 2: Kairòs, Alma Venus, Multitudo
>

> Available in good bookshops, or please order from the address below.
> Postage and packing: In UK, please add £3.95 for orders up to £20.00
in value; £7.50 for orders between £20.00 and £50.00.  UK orders over
£50.00 please add £9.50.  Elsewhere, please add 20% of order value for
surface mail (minimum charge £6.00).  Airmail rates on application to
Customer Services, Telephone +44 (0)1202 665432/Fax: 01202 666219.
Prices and availability not necessarily applicable in North America.
For North American ordering information, please call Continuum at
212-953-5858 and ask for Marketing.