[sigCR] Draft Program for SIG/CR Classification Research Workshop

Grant Campbell gcampbel at uwo.ca
Thu Sep 19 09:43:51 EDT 2013

My apologies to everyone:

For some reason, the PDF attachment to the mail I sent yesterday, containing the draft program of the Classification Research Workshop, failed to reach some participants. I am resending, and I am also inserting the paper titles and authors into this message directly.

Many thanks,
Grant

8:30-9:00

INTRODUCTION

9:00-10:00

Rick Szostak, University of Alberta

Classification, Ontology and the Semantic Web

Shuheng Wu, Besiki Stvilia, Florida State University

Exploring Development and Maintenance Practices in Gene Ontology

10:00-10:30

BREAK

10:30-12:00

Tatiana Lukoianova, Victoria Rubin, Western University

Is Big Data Objective or Truthful?

Rebecca Green, OCLC

The Interplay of Big Data, WorldCat and Dewey

R. P. Smiraglia, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee

Big Classification: Using the Empirical Power of Classification Interaction

12:00-1:00

LUNCH AND POSTER SESSIONS

1:00-2:30

Kwan Yi, Eastern Kentucky University,

A Semantic Similarity Approach for Linking Tweet Messages to Library of Congress Subject Headings using Linked Resources: A Pilot Study

Jane Greenberg, University of North Caroline, Chapel Hill

Metadata Capital via a Linked Data HIVE

Patrick Keilty and Perikles Andritsos, University of Toronto

 Level-Wise Exploration of Linked and Big Data Guided by Subject Classification

2:30-3:00

BREAK

3:00-4:30

Inkyung Choi and Hur-Li Lee, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee

Toward Social Contextualization of Big Data and Linked Data

Ali Shiri, University of Alberta

Linked Data Meets Big Data: A Knowledge Organization Systems Perspective

Lynne C. Howarth, University of Toronto

 Warrant as Theoretical Vocabulary for Reconciling Big Data and Linked Data

4:30-500

LIGHTNING SESSION

--
D. Grant Campbell