[Sigcr-l] Call for officers: Treasurer and Communications Officer

Diane Neal dneal2 at uwo.ca
Tue May 26 16:36:21 EDT 2009

Per SIG Cabinet Director KT Vaughan, I can appoint officers due to our circumstances. Therefore, I am sending out a call for officers to ensure that we have a full slate of "official" help. Ideally, the officers will serve through my entire term as Chair.

I would like to appoint a Treasurer as well as a Communications Officer. While the Treasurer role is important for various reasons, the Communications Officer role is also crucial. The person in this position will be responsible for taking minutes at our annual business meeting, maintaining the listserv, and creating a more substantial online presence for us (perhaps a static website and/or a Facebook group, for example, but we can discuss this later.)

If you would like to volunteer to serve in one of these positions, please email me a brief bio and a statement of interest by next Friday, June 5, at 5:00 pm Eastern time. I will make appointments briefly thereafter.

Please let me know if you have any questions before you send me your materials.

Thanks,
Diane Neal