[Sigcr-l] SIG-CR: New chair and chair elect

Allyson Carlyle acarlyle at u.washington.edu
Wed May 20 12:15:18 EDT 2009

Hello Diane and Megan and all,
I am very interested in helping with the Classification Research Workshop next year.  I am working on an ALA Task Force (with a complicated charge, which I will spare everyone) that is working to increase awareness and support for research in library cataloging.  We are planning on declaring 2010 the year of cataloging research, and so I would like to propose that this be the theme of the workshop for 2010.  I know this needs support of the group, but I thought I would put it out there early, to let people think about it.
Allyson

Allyson Carlyle
Associate Professor and Chair, Ph.D. Program
Information School
MGH Suite 370
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2840