[Sigcr-l] Fwd: genre panel proposal

Barbara Kwasnik Bkwasnik at syr.edu
Fri Jan 12 13:50:02 EST 2007

Sorry, Mark, sent previous message one tick too soon.

As to editing the proposal slightly to fit this year's theme -- yes,
that's a great idea. I know from being on the program committee that
when there are many good proposals to choose from, the ones closer to
the theme get slight priority. sometimes the committee is more attentive
to the theme than other times, but it doesn't hurt to make the
connection.

In the case of genre, that connection is easy. Genre emerges as a
result of communication in a discourse community. A genre is what makes
people who are socially connected able to convey and produce
information in a more efficient and productive manner because both the
form and the content are merged into a recognizable package that is
understood by all who participate in that community.

Take care -- and forgot to add also: Happy New Year to you and your
family. Barbara

>>> "Mark Rosso" <markarosso at gmail.com> 1/10/2007 11:30 PM >>>
Hello All,

Here's my previous message again...this time with our old proposal
attached.

Please let me know:
1. If you are still interested in being part of the ASIST panel
proposal.
2. If you have any editing suggestions - our last submission was
geared towards digital libraries - should we try to tie this in with
"social computing", this year's ASIST theme?

The ASIST deadline for panel proposals is 1/21 - just about 10 days
from now. I will incorporate your suggestions and send them out for
everyone's comments and approval.

-Mark