[Sigbioinform-l] Semantic demo

Mark Montgomery markm at kyield.com
Mon May 14 08:41:33 EDT 2007

Note that this post was rejected by the moderator initially because it was
not in plain text. I don't mind re posting to a degree. The world has moved
substantially beyond plain text for learning, so I would suggest revising
your policy, particularly given the low level of participation. - 02

I've been engaged via W3C LS WG with a group working on semantics, OWL, and
related, who presented at Banff last week- thought it might be of interest.

They show the value of semantics in leveraging R&D investments across
networks, and the value of combining visualization, ontologies, and search
to accelerate knowledge and discovery for researchers.

Slide presentation
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/Banff2007Demo?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Banff2007Part2.pdf

Demo wiki
http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/Banff2007Demo