[Sigbioinform-l] Naive question

Bill Bell bill-bell at bill-bell.hamilton.on.ca
Mon Jul 12 17:22:26 EDT 2004

I hope no-one will mind my posting this here. I am just attempting to satisfy my own curiosity.

What kinds of taxonomies are available that categorise the various niches that biological
species occupy? For example, there is a South American rodent that occupies a niche similar
to that occupied by antelope, and the kiwi occupies a niche that is occupied by mammals in
many habitats outside New Zealand. Species that occupy each of these niches would be
classified  together in the taxonomy.

Would anyone mind suggesting links that I can follow to read more?

In any case, thank you!

Bill