[Sigah-l] Join SIG AH at the Annual Meeting - Monday events!

Jeremy McLaughlin jeremy.mclaughlin at sjsu.edu
Thu Nov 5 13:51:44 EST 2015

SIG AH and SIG VIS Panel (Monday Nov. 9, 8:00am)

This panel brings together student, faculty, and professional speakers to
examine key topics related to the role of information and technology in the
development of research practices for, and about, the arts and humanities.
Two core themes will be examined: 1) the importance of collaborative,
cross-disciplinary programs, and, 2) the visibility afforded by technology
and technology-based engagement allowing greater “impact” in arts and
humanities disciplines. Within this context, panelists will discuss a
collaborative interactive exhibit of library data, image classification of
library collections using Flickr, engagement with digital methods, and an
examination of altmetrics and current trends in research assessment.

https://www.asist.org/events/annual-meeting/annual-meeting-2015/breaking-traditional-barriers-collaboration-impact-and-information-technology-in-the-humanities/

SIG AH Business Meeting (Monday Nov. 9, 2:45pm – Sterling 6)

Please join SIG AH for our 2015 annual business meeting in Sterling 6 at
the Hyatt. We will be welcoming our newest Officers, discussing our 2016
Symposium and student research contest, and planning our upcoming webinars.

SIG AH & SJSU ASIST Social Event (Monday, Nov. 9, 5:15 - 6:30pm)

Location: 360 – Roof of the Hilton at the Ballpark http://www.360-stl.com/

<http://www.360-stl.com/>

If you plan to attend, please RSVP here: http://goo.gl/forms/QcIlgEzpRR