[Sigah-l] SIG-AH January Announcements - Welcome to 2015!

Jeremy McLaughlin jeremy.mclaughlin at sjsu.edu
Wed Jan 14 12:11:36 EST 2015

Hello Everyone!

I hope the holidays were pleasant and the new year is off to a fantastic
start. We'd like to kick off 2015 with some exciting announcements.

1. Our 2014-15 Officers:

Chair, Jeremy L. McLaughlin
Past Chair, Mary Ann Harlan
Social Media Coordinator: Sveta Stoytcheva
Webmaster: Sarah Buchanan

2. Social media and communications:

We have a new Facebook Community, a new Twitter feed, and a new SIG Gmail
account for centralized email management, document storage and sharing,
forms, etc.... Please email us with any content suggestions for social
media or the website.

@asist_ah <https://twitter.com/asist_ah>

www.facebook.com/asist.sig.ah

ASIST.SIGAH at gmail.com

3. Request for member 2014 Annual Conference participation details:

We will be updating the SIG website as soon as we are able and would like
to add details about our members' participation at the 2014 AC. Did you
present a paper or poster or talk on a panel in Seattle? Please let us
know!

4. SIG-AH and SIG-VIS Student Research Paper Contest:

The big news for spring is our recently announced CfSP and the planning of
a collaborative Symposium in April. Please share this information with
students and colleagues and help promote the event on social media and with
other AH organizations. If you are interested in being involved as a paper
judge or a speaker, please email jeremy.mclaughlin at sjsu.edu

*Student Research Paper Award details:  **http://bit.ly/SIGStudentRsrch*
<http://bit.ly/SIGStudentRsrch>
_______

Please let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for SIG
activities throughout the spring or fall, or for the 2015 Conference. We
also would like to hear your ideas for member engagement and growing our
membership (please invite everyone you know to follow us on social media
and to take part in our CfSP and Symposium).

I look forward to working with you.

Thanks,
Jeremy