[Sigah-l] Crowdsourcing Project

Fallon Bleich fallon.bleich at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:25:55 EDT 2012

Hello all,
I am hoping that anyone who works in a library, museum, archive, or
anything similar would be willing to take a brief survey.
My name is Fallon Bleich and I am a graduate student in the Rutgers
University MLIS program. I am spending the summer and fall researching
crowdsourcing projects, their popularity, and how the process can be
used to further libraries, museums, etc. I am hoping to take the
information with me as a poster in the SIG-DL poster session at the
ASIS&T 2012 Annual Conference in October, but would also like to make
this project bigger and publish my findings. The survey is 100%
anonymous and all answers would be used only in the poster and
hopefully a future paper.
The information provided will be very useful in my project and will
help me compose a list of suggestions and the best practices for
implementing a crowdsourcing project in a library or similar
institutions. I would also appreciate it if you could please pass on
the survey to any other professionals you know of that would be
willing to participate.

This survey will be open until Monday, October 5th at 8 a.m.

By clicking either of the following links, you consent to have any
information you provide used in this study.

Survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFdlNDhSMWRYd0ZpZDlJTXUza0FFb2c6MQ#gid=0

And if anyone is out there who has worked on a Crowdsourcing project,
I do also have another survey for that information that will be
available until Oct 1st at 8 a.m. It’s located here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDZRQ2lZY0FvcDE1RERWa2VYaHp2S3c6MQ#gid=0

If you have any comments or questions, please contact me at
Fallon.Bleich at gmail.com.

Sincerely,

Fallon Bleich