[Sigah-l] Annual Meeting Proposal - Digital Humanities, Arts

Sarah Buchanan sarahab at ucla.edu
Fri Apr 20 10:48:23 EDT 2012

[feel free to forward to colleagues]

Hello SIG Arts & Humanities listmembers,

I wanted to quickly draw your attention to the current issue of the ASIST
Bulletin, at http://www.asist.org/bulletin.html , which features digital
humanities and information visualization topics. Many thanks to those of
you who contributed!

As the papers will no doubt help shed light on the topic of the digital
humanities for many ASIS&T members, we were hoping to put together a panel
proposal for the annual meeting to be held in Baltimore at the end of
October this year. We were thinking the panel would present research
collaborations that have occurred among digital humanists and information
scientists. The presentations included in this panel would introduce
projects which apply information science tools and technologies to the
research problems of humanities scholars to show how useful these
collaborative efforts can be to research in both domains.

As the proposal is due by the 30th of this month, we need to work quickly
to pull everything together. Could you let me know if you would be
interested in participating by Monday? We will need a blurb of text about
your presentation ideas at that time too, so we can start to develop a
formal proposal.

Again, please let me know at sarahab at ucla.edu if you are interested in
participating, and feel free to share this with your colleagues. I look
forward to seeing you in Baltimore later this year!

Thank you,
Sarah

Sarah Buchanan
Chair, SIG Arts & Humanities, 2011-12, and member of the ASIST 75th
Anniversary Task Force
Archivist, Librarian, The Meadows School, Las Vegas, Nev.
Archivist, The Neon Museum  |  http://neonmuseum.org