[Sigah-l] [Fwd: submit now for ASIST precon symposium: interrogating social realities]

marija dalbello dalbello at scils.rutgers.edu
Fri Aug 18 11:41:38 EDT 2006

Apologies for cross-posting.

************** Message to forwarding **********************

I am pleased to announce that the dLIST based submission system for the
ASIST 2006 pre-conference research symposium "Interrogating the social
realities of information and communications systems" is now open! Please
submit your 1000 word extended abstract by Sept 15 2006. The symposium
date is Sat Nov 4th 8:30 to noon (this is the day before ASIST Austin TX
begins)  The symposium is in the conference hotel.

The symposium is co-sponsored by SIG/SI, DL, HFIS, & MED.

I am also pleased to announce that Professor Leah Lievrouw  of the
Department of Information Studies at UCLA will provide a keynote talk
for the Symposia.

Symposium submission instructions page:
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen/submissioninstructions.html

General info on symposium including call for abstracts:
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen/symposia.htm

Extended abstracts of 1000 words are due by Sept. 15th.  We are using
the dLIST open access repository for LIS as a submission & comment system!

Related Links:
The Digital LIbrary of Information Science and Technology (dLIST) at the
University of Arizona
<http://dlist.sir.arizona.edu/>

The Social Informatics SIG homepage at the Rob Kling Center
for Social Informatics at Indiana University USA
<http://rkcsi.indiana.edu/article.php/special-interest-groups/37>

Please feel free to email me with any questions about submissions!

Best regards,

Kristin Eschenfelder

Kristin Eschenfelder
Associate Professor
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison
eschenfelder at wisc.edu
1-608-263-2105
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen