[Sigah-l] FW: [CNI-ANNOUNCE] A cornucopia of good stuff from RLG and collaborators

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Fri Sep 9 16:38:33 EDT 2005

[Forwarded.  Dick Hill]

-----Original Message-----
From: CNI-ANNOUNCE -- News from the Coalition [mailto:CNI-ANNOUNCE at cni.org]
On Behalf Of Clifford Lynch
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:46 PM
To: CNI-ANNOUNCE -- News from the Coalition
Subject: [CNI-ANNOUNCE] A cornucopia of good stuff from RLG and
collaborators

The folks at the Research Libraries Group have made a great deal of
interesting material available over the past few weeks, and I wanted
to share pointers to some of it  here.

There's a survey of some RLG members on expectations and issues
related to Metasearch which provides a somewhat different picture of
the prospects for metasearch than some other work I've seen. This is
at

http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=20749

There are materials available from the talks at the July 2005 RLG
member's forum on collaboration among libraries, museums and
archives. This is at

http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=20521

Materials from the May 2005 meeting on International Archival
Gateways can be found here:

http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=373

The latest (August 15, 2005) issue of RLG Diginews, at
http://www.rlg.org/en/page.php?Page_ID=20744
is full of good material on digital preservation, including a very
interesting piece highlighting ten digital preservation initiatives
that they believe are particularly worth watching.

Finally there's an RLG group blog that's at
http://www.hangingtogether.org/  which also has some very useful
commentary.

Hope that CNI-announce readers find these pointers useful.

Clifford Lynch
Director, CNI