[Sigah-l] Wouters P, "The Citation Culture" - full text available in pdf

Ralph Dumain rdumain at igc.org
Wed Apr 21 12:22:45 EDT 2004

This looks like a fascinating read.  One can only wonder what lunacies such
a study applied to the humanities might reveal.  In view of the Sokal
affair and my experience with the cultural and literary people go
selectively go interdisciplinary to borrow the worst of philosophy and
science studies to bolster their obscurantism, it would be interesting to
have a more precise indication of the literature this selective borrowing
selects and what it deliberately or ignorantly ignores.