[Sigah-l] Re: [Sighfis-l] call for new sig interest and membership--interdisciplinary "critical theory"

Michel J. Menou Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr
Fri Oct 25 12:38:57 EDT 2002

Ron,
While I fully support the manifestation of all energies and innovative
endeavours, I cannot resist friendly questions:
1) what is the difference in scope between this proposed SIG and HFIS?
2) is not is better to develop your action within the exisitng SIG(s)
rather than creating a new one, especially on a relatively "narrow" -
public wise at least, subject.

Best regards

Michel J. Menou                Mail to: Michel.Menou at wanadoo.fr

Friday, October 25, 2002, 3:54:14 AM, you wrote:

RD> Apologies for cross-posting across the various SIG lists...

RD> CALL FOR SIG INTEREST AND MEMBERSHIP

RD> SIG-CRIT investigates conceptual issues in information science and studies using philosophical, historiographical, rhetorical, social, and cultural approaches within a broad, interdisciplinary
RD> framework of "critical theory."  The purpose of this SIG is to bring together researchers in these areas, to create connections between various research agendas and national traditions, and to
RD> create an intellectually deeper and socially richer interdisciplinary dialogue between information science and other fields in the social and human sciences.

snip