[Sig-l] SIG support opportunities!

Unsworth,Kristene ku26 at drexel.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:04:31 EDT 2017

Hi all,

You've served your SIG community and now we're calling on you to serve the entire SIG population.  Please consider running for the Deputy Director position.  The SIG Steering Committee is looking for past officers who value the SIG community and want to lead its most effective work.

The position is extremely well supported; Deputy Directors spend a year learning the ropes from the current Director followed by their own year as Director.  The Past Director provides advice and assistance so that everyone the team has colleagues helping in each responsibility.

We currently have three working groups investigating potential growth in SIG officer training, policy development, and awards.  During the Deputy Director's 3-year participation in SIG administration, these and other initiatives will be reviewed, completed, and - if appropriate - postponed.  Working with the Director and Past Director, the Deputy Director will develop and manage services of value to all SIGs.

Please consider running for this vital position.  We need nominees with dedication to all SIGs, creativity to help grow SIGs' plans, ability to represent the SIG community within the full ASIS&T community, and ability to work effectively with the other two Directors.

Please contact Lynn Westbrook (Past Director) with any questions or your offer to volunteer.  We intend to close the call for nominees in mid-August.

Best regards,
Lynn Westbrook

Lynn Westbrook, Associate Professor
School of Information