[Sig-l] Reminder! : Online officer meeting **Tuesday July 29th 1-2 Central Time

Kathryn La Barre kathryn.labarre at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 12:23:49 EDT 2014

Greetings,

The SIG officer updates and question and answer session will be held online
on Tuesday July 29th from 1-2 (Central Time) - I've reserved the space for
additional time if your officers want to have a one on one conversation
following the session.  If you can't make it, please send any questions
your SIG may have to klabarre at illinois.edu.

*The session will be recorded and I will send the slides/handouts and a
link to the recording to this list within 48 hours of the session. *

Agenda:

(1) SIG roll call

(2) Calendar: Discuss calendar/ reporting and SIG tasks

(3) Finances: SIG project and reserve fund/ budgeting

(4) SIG awards

>open questions

Logistics:
We'll be using Blackboard Collaborate for this meeting. Our helpdesk people
will be available to help with technical questions (contact info below).

MEETING LINK:

https://sas.elluminate.com/d.jnlp?password=GSLISMtgRMparticpant&sid=407

Instructions for Blackboard/Collaborate:

Hello from the GSLIS Help Desk! GSLISuses the Blackboard Collaborate
platform for its distance education courses and meetings. Blackboard
Collaborate offers a variety of ways to interact with the presenters and
participants, including audio/video/text chat, application sharing,
PowerPoint presentations, and the ability to browse a website as a group,
among other features.

To ensure your experience runs as smoothly as possible, it is a good idea to
test out Blackboard Collaborate beforehand. First, to check that your
computer
is able to run the Blackboard Collaborate software and has the most
up-to-date
version of Java, please go to this website:

http://support.blackboardcollaborate.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=8336&task=knowledge&questionID=1473

You should see a check mark if your computer is compatible. If not,
please follow the instructions on the site to download and install the
correct version of Java.

Audio in Blackboard Collaborate is best transferred using a headset
microphone.
If you have one of these available to you, the above link should also allow
you to enter a configuration room to make sure your headset will work. We
do not require you to have a headset microphone, and your other
possibilities are using regular headphones along with a computer
microphone, or you can use your phone as a bridge to speak to the room.
Please note that headphones of some kind or the phone bridge are vital to
preventing your audio signal from causing feedback. If you would like to
call in, please provide the phone number you would prefer us to contact you.

In order to access and enter the classroom, you can follow the link below:
https://sas.elluminate.com/d.jnlp?password=GSLISMtgRMparticpant&sid=407

If for some reason the above link does not work please call our office at
(800)377-1892 or (217) 244-4903 and we will be ready to assist.

We recommend entering the meeting at least 10 minutes early, to make sure
all technology is set up properly. If you would like to meet, prepare or go
over anything before July 29, 2014, one of the Help Desk staff members
could meet you in an Blackboard Collaborate demonstration room at a
convenient time for one-on-one practice.

Please email any questions you have to help at support.lis.illinois.edu. You
can also feel free to call us at (800) 377-1892 or (217) 244-4903.

--
Kathryn La Barre
Associate Professor