[Sig-l] ASIS&T SIG III InfoShare Awards for 2013

Selenay Aytac Selenay.Aytac at liu.edu
Wed Feb 27 10:57:19 EST 2013

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of all our fellow officers of the Special Interest Group for International Information Issues (SIG-III) of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T), we are pleased to announce the winners of the InfoShare awards for 2013.

Information professionals from developing countries, where the cost of ASIS&T membership would be a burden, are eligible to receive one year of membership. SIG-III officers vote on a roster of candidates nominated by ASIS&T colleagues or others.

These memberships are funded by monies raised at the International Reception during the 2012 ASIS&T Annual Meeting in Baltimore, MD. We would like to thank you once again for your support. We are thrilled to be able to offer memberships to following seven outstanding candidates:

Country

Name

1

Ethiopia

Yared Mammo

2

Ethiopia

Teklemichael T. Wordofa

3

India

Janakiraman

4

Iran

Mahmood Khosrowjerdi

5

Iran

Maryam Zakerhamidi

6

Mauritius

Ibrahim Ramjaun

7

Pakistan

Fatima Zahra

Please welcome these new members into the ASIS&T community! See you all in Montreal, Canada!

Selenay Aytac
Devendra Potnis
Abebe Rorissa
InfoShare Officers