[Sig-l] New Members/First Conference Brunch

Heather D. Pfeiffer hdp at cs.nmsu.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:15:01 EDT 2012

Dear SIG Officers,

As in the past, at the ASIST 2012 Annual Meeting, the ASIST Membership
Committee will be hosting the "New Members and First Conference Brunch"
to welcome new ASIST members and first-time attendees. The Brunch will
take place on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at noon. We would like to invite
a representative from each SIG to be at the Brunch to meet and greet
fresh faces of ASIST who are interested in your SIG. You may sit and eat,
enjoy new friends, and then provide information about your SIG to the
interested people.

As you know, in the past, we asked each SIG representative to give a
short elevator speech about your SIG. The problem is, we always had a
long line of SIG officers and with each giving 3 minutes to speak about
their SIG, it was rather rushed because we also had other activities.
So this year, instead of the speeches, with your help, we would like
to produce a MS PowerPoint presentation to have each SIG use one slide
to showcase the SIG. When the Brunch is going on, we will show the file
on the big screen and advance the slides automatically. When we formally
start the Brunch program, at one point we will restart the slide show,
and as the slide of your SIG is showing, we will ask the SIG
officer/representative to stand up so that people can identify you and
then they can chose to chat with you and learn more about your SIG.

Attached please find a ppt file containing all the current SIGs, with
each SIG having a slide template of content elements that need to be
filled out. I have access to some SIG logos, and I put those logos onto
the relevant SIG slide, but I don't have the logo for every SIG. Even
with the ones that I have the logo, you may have already updated your
logo, if that is the case, please change your logo on your slide. With
the SIGs that I don't have the logo on file, could you put your logo on
if you have one?  Please fill out the information for your slide, and
send it back to Rong Tang (rong.tang at simmons.edu) by *October 12, 2012*.
Since the file may get too big, could you simply send me back just the one
slide of your SIG? No need to include other slides. Thanks so much for
your time!

If you can not download the ppt file here because it is too large, you
can access the file, *ASISTSIGs.ppt*, online at:
<https://xfer.simmons.edu/seos/1000/mpd/ui07102012976236de38a10373691393b817d31d5e>

Meanwhile, please contact me, rong.tang at simmons.edu, via email and
provide the name of the SIG, and the name and contact information of
your SIG representative who will be attending the event. Thanks again
for your cooperation!

We look forward to seeing you in Baltimore!

Rong Tang,
ASIST Membership Committee