[Sig-l] Deadline extended: SIG Member and SIG Publication Awards

KT Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Thu Aug 20 16:31:20 EDT 2009

Hi all -
Surely you have great members and publications in your SIGs!  As of
today, we've received only two submissions (from the same SIG) for
Publication of the Year and NONE for Member of the Year.  In an effort
to get some nominations, the SIG Steering Cte has extended the deadlines
for these two awards to the end of the day August 31st.  Please nominate
yourself, your colleagues, or your SIG.

What are the criteria for the awards, you may ask?

SIG Member: http://www.asis.org/awards/sigmemberoftheyear.html. "The
purpose of the award is to recognize the service of an individual to the
program of a particular SIG. It is given for significant contributions
to the membership of the SIG through participation in and support of its
events at the annual and mid-year meetings, its publications, and its
other activities."

SIG Publication: http://www.asis.org/awards/sigpublicationoftheyear.html
"The purpose of this award is to recognize the best publication produced
by a SIG (or jointly by two or more SIGs) during the previous year." -
NOTE: this can include online publications such as email newsletters,
websites, Facebook pages, etc.

Please, please send in submissions via the above URLs by August 31st!  I
am open to questions and comments -
KT Vaughan
SIG Cabinet Director 2007-2009

--
KTL Vaughan, MSLS, AHIP
Pharmacy Librarian

Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy
UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy

CB 7585
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
Phone: 919 966 8011