[Sig-l] ASIST SIGs: Officers manual, bylaws, activities report updating

KT Vaughan ktlv at email.unc.edu
Thu Jul 10 17:11:06 EDT 2008

Hi all -
As many of you know, our Officer's Manual, Standard Bylaws, and
Activities Report Form are all woefully out of date and largely
ignored.  I'd like to take the summer and fall to update these so that
they reflect a: reality and b: desired state of SIGs.  If you are
interested in helping with this project, _please let me know as soon as
possible_.

I have uploaded the three documents onto the ASIS&T Chapters/SIGs wiki,
making it easy for us to work collaboratively!  This is also a great
time to point out that the (FREE!) ASIS&T wiki could be a great tool for
your SIG - but only if you use it.  It is linked from the SIGs part of
the ASIS&T homepage, and here's the main wiki URL:
http://www.asis.org/wiki/chapters-sigs/index.php/Main_Page.

Deadlines for your annual report, and for SIG Member of the Year and SIG
Publication of the Year are looming - August 15th for the first two, and
next Tuesday July 15th for the last.  Please also note that nominations
for the Cretsos and Watson Davis Awards (as well as several others) are
also due on Tuesday.  Links for submitting those materials are at
http://www.asist.org/awards/awardnominationdeadlines.html.

Please don't hesitate to email me with questions, comments, or concerns,
KT Vaughan
ASIS&T SIG Cabinet Director, 2007-2009

--
KTL Vaughan
Pharmacy Librarian

Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy

CB 7585
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7585
Phone: 919 966 8011