[Sig-l] Getting your own reports

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Jan 19 14:12:50 EST 2006

On the web site, IF we have given you authority, when you log in now you
will see not only the "member profile" to use for updating but also the
ability to run reports:

Depending on what we have authorized, you can see
	Chapter Roster
	Chapter Update
	Sig Roster.

NOTE:  If you should have access to these, but it has not been given,
pleases have the SIG or Chapter Chair send an e-mail to rhill at asis.org
asking for authority to run reports for Sig x or Chapter y.

All these are pre-defined reports, available as PDF or csv (comma separated
value).  For me, in Firefox as a browser, I see the csv as exactly that.
But I have authorized no plug in's in firefox.  However, using IE, it
appears by default as a Excel sheet, which can then be sorted and
manipulated as desired.

In all cases you can choose the month and year of the report you wish.

The SIG roster is a pre-defined report.

The Chapter roster is the same report we have been distributing.

The Chapter Update includes the predetermined information fields, but also
allows you to select from the following:

New Members
Renewal Members
Dropped Members
Transfers In
Transfers Out
Record Changes
Prospects

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Dick
_____
Richard B. Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
Fax: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900