[Sig-bwp] Greetings to all members

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Tue Jul 26 13:39:40 EDT 2005

Hi, this is Dick Hill, executive director of ASIS&T.  I subscribed all those
to the list who were on a sheet Michel Leach was keeping.  So no one was
arbitrarily signed up.  We would not do that.

Secondly, I should change some of the settings on the list.  I set all our
lists to not accept either attachments or HTML text.  Both because of the
fear of viruses destroying a list.  I won't waiver on the attachments, but
will on the HTML if you folks insist.  (Another argument against html or
content multipart/alterantive text is that the list archives get both
versions, complete with all the mark up signs, making them gibberish.)

I will also set the list so that replies are directed to the list, not to
the sender, which is the case now.

Let me know what else you would like with this list.

But it is not my place to get in the way of the list that you, the users
want.  I am only Big Brother to my little sister.

Dick

_____
Richard B. Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
Fax: (301) 495-0810
Voice: (301) 495-0900