[Pasig-discuss] NDSA Infrastructure Group Topical Series - March 19, LOCKSS Conference Call

Arthur Pasquinelli artpasquinelli at stanford.edu
Fri Mar 16 14:41:40 EDT 2018

[Apologies for Cross Postings}

Nathan Tallman and the NDSA Infrastructure Group have set up a great series of conference calls for the coming months. Here is a link to the group's 2018 notes/agenda document: https://goo.gl/9qLXdq.

The call on Monday, March 19, will feature Thib Guicherd-Callin, LOCKSS Technical Manager. While the generic title is “LOCKSS”, Thib will review a broad spectrum of topics including:

  *   LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) background and principles for distributed, community-based digital preservation
  *   The Mellon Grant funded project<https://library.stanford.edu/node/130509> to disaggregate and offer LOCKSS functional components as open web services
  *   An overview of the development technologies being employed and issues that have been faced
  *   Preservation use case scenarios for both published eJournals and eBooks and broader institutional repository content
  *   Areas of possible collaboration with universities, libraries, and consortia