[Pasig-discuss] Archiving all flash websites

Weber, Warren SA wweber at archives.gov.sk.ca
Mon Mar 12 14:09:55 EDT 2018

Hi everyone. We are looking at trying to preserve two of our online exhibits that are built in an all flash environment from 2005. Doing some research into this, it seems that the popular opinion is to try and get the internet archive to crawl it and keep it online for future use.

I would like to know what others have done in this instance. Rebuilding the exhibits are out of the question as the budget for doing anything with these is exactly $0. We are, howeve,r doing a migration to AtoM/Archivematica so if anyone has any experience using those tools to preserve  the flash exhibits like ours, I would like to hear about that.

Thanks!

Warren Weber
Manager, Information Technology Services
Corporate Services
Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan
p: 306-787-0705
f:  306-787-1975
e: wweber at archives.gov.sk.ca<mailto:wweber at archives.gov.sk.ca>
www.saskarchives.com<http://www.saskarchives.com/>

[outlooksig]
This e-mail and any files or attachments may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information intended for a specific purpose and recipient and may not be otherwise retained, distributed, copied, used or modified. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise me immediately by return e-mail or telephone and destroy this entire transmission and any copies produced. Thank you.