[Pasig-discuss] Experience with Bagit?

Jacob Farmer jfarmer at cambridgecomputer.com
Fri Jan 20 14:35:15 EST 2017

Hi, Robin.  My team has built a product called Starfish (
www.StarfishStorage.com)  which is designed specifically for managing the
life cycle of scientific research data and digital collections.  We built
in Bagit support specifically for the Library of Congress who was one of
our earliest clients.

Our software is designed to handle billions (with a B!) of files and we are
able to break up large jobs into smaller batches so that we can attack the
job in parallel.  We use the Library of Congress Bagit code library.

If you are managing scientific research data, you would probably love our
product vision.  We enable you to associate metadata with files and
directories in live file systems, such that you can start the curation
process right when the files are created.  Metadata can then drive the
scientific pipeline or be derived from the scientific pipeline.

I work for both Cambridge Computer and Starfish.  I copied my Starfish
email account.

-        Jacob