[Pasig-discuss] Usenix Data Storage Event - Wash DC - Nov 6

Jacob Farmer jfarmer at cambridgecomputer.com
Thu Oct 24 17:11:57 EDT 2013

Hi, folks.  I wanted to alert the group to an event in Washington DC on
November 6 that might be relevant to some of you.

The Usenix LISA (large installation system administration) conference is in
DC the week of November 4 at the Marriot Wardman Park.  On Wednesday,
November 6 there is a free one-day seminar and vendor expo dedicated to the
latest trends in data storage technologies.  One of the topics covered is
object-based storage which has all kinds of implications for digital
preservation.

The conference program this year is really spectacular.  LISA is generally
regarded as the best training event and technical conference for hands-on
system administrators.  This is the 27th year that the conference has been
running.  If you have conference budget left this year, I would recommend
spending more time at the conference.  If not, come to this one day event!