[NJ ASIST] Registration now open for ACRL/NY 2016: Money and Power

Linda Yau lindapyau at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:02:56 EDT 2016

*****Please excuse for cross posting******

* <https://acrlnysymp2016.wordpress.com/registration/>*

*Register now <https://acrlnysymp2016.wordpress.com/registration/>* for the
ACRL / NY 2016 Symposium, “Money and Power”. The Symposium will take place
on Friday, December 2, 2016, at the Baruch Vertical Campus.

Economic, social, and political power affect the choices we all make as
individuals and as institutions, and academic libraries and archives are
far from exempt. Power and money determine who and what is included or
excluded, affect our conscious and unconscious agendas, and can be used to
further or hinder changes of many kinds. Yet as ever-present as these
forces are, they are often assumed and unspoken.

At this one-day conference, presenters will address some of the
undercurrents of money and power within academic libraries and archives,
with the goal of moving forward together with productive analysis and action

Come join the conversation. Space is limited, so register now! *Registration
Closes Monday, November 23.*

*http://acrlnysymp2016.wordpress.com/registration/
<http://acrlnysymp2016.wordpress.com/registration/>*

See the full program <https://acrlnysymp2016.wordpress.com/program/>,